The great Eddy Merckx once said, “Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel, but ride”. And whilst dashing (on and off the bike), the Belgian legend has probably done more for cycling style than any other rider. So what steps can everyday cyclists take, to make them look great on the bike?
One of the founding ideas behind Spin Shed, was to bring together some of the most stylish cycling brands in one place, so that riders could mix and match their kit, and show off their individuality. We hope these tips might give you some kitspiration…
- Coordinate colours. Bright red arm warmers with a soft grey jersey? No thanks. It doesn’t take much to coordinate your kit, so just make sure your garments go together. Don’t turn up for a ride like you’ve got dressed in the dark.
- Dress for the weather. Some riders may be familiar with the old adage ‘there’s not such thing as bad weather, just the wrong kit’. So make sure you’re wearing the kit that suits the conditions. Similarly, leg warmers in the height of summer? Perhaps not.
- The finishing kit on a bike can make or break the look. If you’ve spent your hard earned money on the latest carbon frame, don’t ruin it by buying the cheapest bottle in the shop.
- Get the fit. Ok, we’ve all been there. You LOVE that jacket, but it’s only available in a size small. Ask yourself, is it really worth buying something that looks ridiculous?
- Show off your individuality. We’re all different, so why go with the crowd? Express yourself in what you wear, and show off some personality. There are some great cycling kits out there, no matter what your discipline. Dream, browse and buy.
Our new shipping policy now means that UK customers will never pay more than £5 for delivery, however many brands they buy from, with orders shipped for free over £100. International orders are shipped free when over £200, so get matching!
Featured image from the I R I S collection.