There’s no better feeling than pulling on that new item of cycling kit you’ve been obsessing about since pay-day, and hopping on a bike to show it off. But do you really want to debut that new jersey on the way to the shops or in the local park? Spin Shed takes a look at five destinations, for the discerning cyclist.
- It’s doubtful there has ever been a better place to show off good kit as on the Cote d’Azur. The year-round sunshine can really make those new threads ping, and you’ll be spoiled for choice when checking out the local cycling café’s for the style gurus.
- London is a burning metropolis of cultures and the heart of the UK street cycling scene. The fixie crowd will be sure to show off their urban cycling chic in all its glory, come rain or shine.
- Belgium is the undisputed heartland of cycling, and no-one knows how to exude cycling style better than its people. Flanders boats some of the best cobbled climbs around, and that group that just passed you in full pro kit? They probably were.
- Boulder, Colorado is fast becoming known the cycling mecca in North America, with road and mountain bikers spoilt for choice. With the rockies on your doorstep, and cycling heritage aplenty, be sure to check out these rides.
- Italy and cycling go together like bolognese and spaghetti. The north of the country boats two of world cycling’s ‘monument’ races, in Milan Sanremo, and Il Lombardia. While you’re there, be sure to check out the retail capital of the world, Milan.
Header image: the descent into Nice via La Turbie from the Col de La Madone
Second image: the Italian riviera.